Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Programmer to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! Join a team of passionate and talented developers to contribute towards an exciting new action-adventure IP!
The Gameplay Programmer is a creative position responsible for prototyping and developing key gameplay features and systems of our upcoming game. This can include combat, interactions, enemies, AI, level scripting, UI and so on.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with Design and Animation teams to develop functionality that makes up the player experience and will have the opportunity to develop integral features for our games.
- Work closely with the Design, Animation, and Art teams to bring gameplay features to life
- Work on content like combat, traversal, enemies, user interface, AI, and more.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to prototype and iterate on ideas ensure a great player experience.
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code.
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks.
- Writing necessary supporting documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in gameplay, AI, or a related programming
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other game engines
- Experience in C++, developing gameplay systems and features.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Solid understanding of game design, including what makes action-adventure games fun and interesting to play.
WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU:
- Shipped at least one title working on combat or gameplay systems.
- Are able to show us a reel of gameplay work or projects
Please note that applications for this position MUST include gameplay demos (prototypes, hobby projects, references to shipped titles, etc) either as video or playable. Please provide a description of your contribution to the games and/or projects. As a part of the application process, candidates may be asked to complete a development test.