Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time Animation Programmer to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! Join a team of passionate and talented developers to contribute towards an exciting new action-adventure IP!
The animation programmer is a creative position responsible for prototyping and developing gameplay animation features. As an Animation Programmer, you will be working with the Animation and Gameplay teams to implement and enhance animations to enrich the player experience.
You will work on a variety of systems such as the player character, animation systems, cameras, cinematics, and more and will have the opportunity to develop stunning animation features for our games.
- Work directly with animators to enhance the feel of combat, character locomotion, movement mechanics through animations and animation functionality.
- Integrate animations into the game systems and enhance their feel with functionality.
- Develop general animation gameplay systems and features.
- Work with animators to develop animation transitions, IKs, physical animations, animation blending and so on, inside the game engine.
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code.
- Writing necessary supporting documentation.
- Coordinate with animators and programmers to increase the quality and realism of animations and their underlying systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in animations, gameplay, or a related field.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or similar game engines.
- Experience in C++
- Experience in applying modern interactive character animation techniques such as blend-trees, IK, layering, and partial-body animation.
- Understanding of the animation asset pipeline and tools.
- Ability and discipline to execute on deadlines.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written English skills.
- You are a problem solver and a team player, with the motivation and self-drive to deliver exceptional results on time.
- You are highly motivated and passionate about action-adventure games and are very familiar with their design and development.
- Have shipped at least one AAA game in a similar role
- Experience working with third-person player characters
- Experience working with cinematics
- Experience working with game physics
- Experience working with Python in animation software
Please note that applications for this position MUST include gameplay demos (prototypes, hobby projects, references to shipped titles, etc) either as video or playable. Please provide a description of your contribution to the games and/or projects. As a part of the application process, candidates may be asked to complete a development test.