Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time AI Programmer to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! Join a team of passionate and talented developers to contribute towards an exciting new action-adventure IP!
The AI Programmer is a creative position responsible for prototyping and developing key gameplay AI systems and features across multiple areas of our in-development game. This includes developing behavior for enemies, companions, background characters, and more.
As an AI Programmer, you will be working with Design and Animation teams to develop functionality that makes up the player experience and will have the opportunity to develop integral functionality for our games.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated and passionate about action-adventure games and very familiar with their design and development. The candidate is a problem solver and a team player, with the motivation and self-drive to deliver exceptional results on time.
- Design, implement and maintain AI behavior for AAA gameplay
- Work closely with other team members to develop various AI behavior and features relating to combat, navigation, decision making, dialogue, and more.
- Rapidly prototype, iterate and refine mechanics
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code.
- Writing necessary supporting documentation.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- 2 years experience in gameplay, game AI, and/or related game programming
- Experience in C++, developing gameplay systems and features.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other AAA game engines
- Good understanding of game design, including what makes a game fun and interesting to play.
- Experience in collaborating in team settings
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written English skills
- Very passionate about AI and gameplay within story-driven action-adventure gams
WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU:
- Shipped at least one title working on AI and/or gameplay systems.
- Are able to show us a reel of your gameplay work and/or personal projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
Please note that applications for this position MUST include gameplay demos (prototypes, hobby projects, references to shipped titles, etc) either as video or playable. Please provide a description of your contribution to the games and/or projects. As a part of the application process, candidates may be asked to complete a development test.