Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time Producer to join the team!
We are looking for a strong coordinator and communicator who understands all areas of game production and has a burning passion to work with a talented team to deliver incredible gameplay experiences. You are the liaison between directors, leads, and production disciplines. You will plan, track and report development progress through our internal production management system.
You will report to the Game Director and be responsible for communication and coordination on the production of an ambitious game in a brand new IP.
- Executing the vision of the Game Director.
- Work closely with the Game Director and discipline leads to coordinate game production. Keep track of features, systems, and assets in the development from start to finish and act as a liaison between teams.
- Planning, and executing production cycles in line with the project’s overall milestone and release schedule, to ensure objectives are met on time
- Oversee and manage our internal production management software such as Jira/Hansoft, supporting teams to maintain a clear overview of their production backlog, progress and goals.
- Manage daily and weekly coordination meetings with leads to ensure rapid communication and carry updates between teams and departments.
- Provide hands-on support to our development teams such as organizing meetings, taking notes, updating schedules, and reporting team progress.
- Tracking and managing issues and risks on an ongoing basis as well as proactively providing associated mitigation and resolution strategies.
- Hands-on support to our development teams for organizing and scheduling playtests, performance capture shoots, voice recording sessions, localization workflow, and other relevant team coordination.
- Experience in the development of large scale game projects, with at least one shipped PC or Console title
- Minimum 2 years of game industry experience in an internal development environment in a production or coordination role
- You have a deep understanding of the production process and working with technical and creative talent.
- Experience creating project schedules and monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- You are highly structured and proactive about what should be improved, solved, or implemented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Very strong workflow development and documentation skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Profound knowledge of project management methods and software packages.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Active video game player across a variety of genres, especially action-adventure games
- Experience with Jira and/or Hansoft.
- Had Project management experience or certifications such as SCRUM, Agile, Kanban.
- We offer a healthy work/life balance, with paid holidays, sick leaves, and maternity/paternity leaves.
- Learn more about working in Iceland: https://work.iceland.is/