Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Designer to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! If you love collaborating with talented developers to create generationally defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey.
A Gameplay Designer must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with design, animation, and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. The ideal candidate is an expert in either gameplay or systems design and strategically leverages their prototyping skills to enhance their design process.
- Working directly with the Game Director and gameplay teams to design, prototype and deliver gameplay elements and systems
- Understand, interpret and execute on creative direction, in alignment with project goals
- Create clear and concise documentation in order to effectively communicate the intended design with the project Leads and Directors
- Design, prototype, and implement gameplay systems within Unreal Engine
- Utilize both text and visual-based scripting systems (such as Unreal Engine blueprints) to directly implement game mechanics and systems in-engine
- Use your deep knowledge of combat and/or player mechanics to create specific in-game experiences that meet high-level project goals
- Maintain a studio environment and team culture that supports a quality focused experience.
- Participate in planning a roadmap to completion for the gameplay systems for which you’re responsible
- Experience in the development of large scale game projects, with at least one shipped PC or Console title
- Shipped at least 1 game title in a gameplay role or a minimum of 2+ years of experience in a professional design role
- Knowledge of competitive products and a variety of gameplay genres, as well as a personal understanding of video game fun.
- Able to analyze and design fun and complex enemies, melee systems, and gameplay systems
- Basic knowledge of Unreal Engine and in-engine blueprinting is required
- Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- You love action-adventure games and are super passionate about designing them
- You are multi-faceted and are able to work on a wide range of designs ranging from broad gameplay systems to specific in-game mechanics
- You are able to show us action-adventure oriented design prototypes you’ve previously made
- We offer a healthy work/life balance, with paid holidays, sick leaves, and maternity/paternity leaves.
- Learn more about working in Iceland: https://work.iceland.is/