Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time real-time VFX artist to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! If you love collaborating with talented developers to create generationally defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey.
A real-time VFX artist must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with design, animation, and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. The ideal candidate is an expert in real-time VFX and can deliver creative solutions in line with the project vision, working closely with creative and art leadership.
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from natural environmental FX, to FX to punctuate game action, to FX for characters and their interaction with elements in the game world.
- Developing game effects from idea to implementation
- Work with directors, leads, and other developers to ensure a consistent style, functionality and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- Document, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- Create and maintain workflow documentation for your team’s content
- Proactively communicate task status to peers, customers, and leads
- Share artistic knowledge with artists, and supports them when needed
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Portfolio of realistic, high-quality real-time FX.
- 2+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games and/or film.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing effects into the engine.
- Ability to iterate and implement quickly.
- Working knowledge of FX software and standard art software such as Houdini, Maya, Photoshop
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3D game engines
- Good understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. Welcomes and provides valuable feedback
- One or more shipped AAA title as an FX artist or similar
- You love action-adventure games and are super passionate about their visuals
- Able to work in on-location Iceland
- We offer a healthy work/life balance, with paid holidays, sick leaves, and maternity/paternity leaves.
- Learn more about working in Iceland: https://work.iceland.is/