Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time real-time Lead Environment Artist to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! If you love collaborating with talented developers to create generationally defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey.
The ideal candidate is experienced in environment layout and lighting within Unreal Engine 4. The Lead Environment Artist we are looking for should have strong experience in real-time game environments as well as an understanding of composition and lighting principles in order to create aesthetic, functional, and immersive game locations.
- Working closely with our Art Director and designers, lead a team of environmental artists to develop next-gen environments for our upcoming title
- Contribute to planning and design of gameplay spaces.
- Oversee the full production of environments from concept to ship, delivering guidance and feedback to the environment art team
- Create exceptional high and low poly models and textures for realistic natural environments, magic-tech, man-made environments, props, and details. Both through handmade assets as well as through photogrammetry workflows.
- Collaborate with the art director to maintain consistency between environment art and all other game art.
- Implement 3D art in Unreal Engine 4
- Decorate and light scenes, integrate a
- Excellent portfolio of real-time environments within Unreal Engine, showcasing a full understanding of all the aspects that tie into delivering AAA environments on next-gen hardware
- One or more shipped AAA title as an environment artist or similar
- Proven ability to create realistic natural environments including terrain, foliage, and other natural formations.
- Excellent 3d modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills
- Proficient in both organic and hard surface modeling techniques.
- Solid understanding of architecture and industrial design.
- Thorough knowledge of optimization requirements for real-time game environments.
- Experience with real-time lighting and post-processing techniques to develop atmosphere and mood.
- A good understanding of physically-based shaders and the ability to achieve the desired surface qualities across a variety of environment assets.
- Understanding of video games and level layout and composition
- Ability to translate 2D concept art into 3D environments with consideration for technical limitations and gameplay implications.
- Expert-level experience with Unreal Engine, Maya/blender, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and/or ZBrush.
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. Welcomes and provides valuable feedback
- You love action-adventure games and are super passionate about visuals and environments
- Experience working with photogrammetry
- Able to work in on-location Iceland
- We offer a healthy work/life balance, with paid holidays, sick leaves, and maternity/paternity leaves.
- Learn more about working in Iceland: https://work.iceland.is/