Myrkur Games is seeking a full-time real-time environment artist to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! If you’d like to work on an exciting new IP, with a talented and driven team – join us as we embark on a new journey.
The ideal candidate is experienced in asset development, environment layout, and lighting within Unreal Engine. The Environment Artist we are looking for should have a strong understanding of composition and lighting principles in order to create aesthetic, functional, and immersive game locations.
- Create high and low poly models for realistic natural environments, magic-tech, man-made environments, props, and details.
- Scan, process, and enhance photogrammetry assets.
- Work closely with designers to bring levels and environments from concept to delivery.
- Create high-quality PBR textures and materials.
- Collaborate with the art director to maintain consistency between environment art and all other game art.
- Contribute to planning and design of gameplay spaces.
- Implement 3D art in Unreal Engine by decorating/lighting scenes and integrating art with game systems.
- Excellent portfolio of real-time environments
- Proven ability to create realistic natural environments including terrain, foliage, and other natural formations.
- Excellent 3d modeling, sculpting, and texturing skills
- Proficient in both organic and hard surface modeling techniques.
- Solid understanding of architecture and industrial design.
- Solid understanding of optimization requirements for real-time game environments.
- Experience with real-time lighting and post-processing techniques to develop atmosphere and mood.
- Understanding of video game level layout and composition
- Ability to translate 2D concept art into 3D environments with consideration for technical limitations and gameplay implications.
- Expert-level experience with Unreal Engine, Maya/Blender, ZBrush, Substance, and/or Quxiel tool suites
- Good with communications, self-organization, time management, and interpersonal skills. Able to welcome and provide valuable feedback
- One or more shipped AAA title as an environmental artist or similar
- You love action-adventure games and are super passionate about visuals and environments
- Experience working with photogrammetry and working with Megascans and Mixer
- Able to work on-location Iceland
- We offer a healthy work/life balance, with paid holidays, sick leaves, and maternity/paternity leaves.
- Learn more about working in Iceland: https://work.iceland.is/