Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time real-time environment artist to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! If you love collaborating with talented developers to create generationally defining games, join us as we embark on a new journey.
The ideal candidate is experienced in environment layout and lighting within Unreal Engine 4. The Environment Artist we are looking for should have a strong understanding of composition and lighting principles in order to create aesthetic, functional, and immersive game locations.
- Create high and low poly models for realistic natural environments, magic-tech, man-made environments, props, and details.
- Work closely with designers to bring levels and environments from concept to delivery
- Scan environments and process photogrammetry assets.
- Create high-quality PBR textures and materials
- Collaborate with the art director to maintain consistency between environment art and all other game art.
- Contribute to planning and design of gameplay spaces.
- Implement 3D art in Unreal Engine 4 by decorating/lighting scenes and integrating art with game systems
- Excellent portfolio of real-time environments within Unreal Engine
- Proven ability to create realistic natural environments including terrain, foliage, and other natural formations.
- Excellent 3d modeling, sculpting and texturing skills
- Proficient in both organic and hard surface modeling techniques.
- Solid understanding of architecture and industrial design.
- Thorough knowledge of optimization requirements for real-time game environments.
- Experience with real-time lighting and post-processing techniques to develop atmosphere and mood.
- A good understanding of physically-based shaders and the ability to achieve the desired surface qualities across a variety of environment assets.
- Understanding of video games and level layout and composition
- Ability to translate 2D concept art into 3D environments with consideration for technical limitations and gameplay implications.
- Expert-level experience with Unreal Engine, Maya/Blender, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and/or ZBrush.
- Good communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills. Welcomes and provides valuable feedback
- One or more shipped AAA title as an environmental artist or similar
- You love action-adventure games and are super passionate about visuals and environments
- Experience working with photogrammetry and working with Megascans and Mixer
- Able to work on-location Iceland
- We offer a healthy work/life balance, with paid holidays, sick leaves, and maternity/paternity leaves.
- Learn more about working in Iceland: https://work.iceland.is/