Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Programmer to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! Join a team of passionate and talented developers to contribute towards an exciting new action-adventure IP!
The Gameplay Programmer is a creative position responsible for prototyping and developing key gameplay features and systems of our upcoming game. This can include combat, interactions, enemies, AI, level scripting, UI and so on. As a Gameplay Programmer, you will be working with Design and Animation teams to develop functionality that makes up the player experience and will have the opportunity to develop integral features for our games.
- Work closely with the Design, Animation, and Art teams to bring ideas and new gameplay features into the game from prototype to shipped results:
- Player and characters’ behaviors, combat and traversal mechanics, user interface, enemies, AI etc.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to iterate on gameplay features and ensure a great player experience.
- Empower designers and animators to prototype, rapidly iterate and refine combat related work.
- Collaborate with designers and animators to realize cutting edge gameplay.
- Write clean, professional, and maintainable code.
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks.
- Writing necessary supporting documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in gameplay, AI, or a related programming field.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or similar game engines
- Good understanding of game design, including what makes a game fun and interesting to play.
- Experience in C++ developing gameplay systems and features.
- Able to balance rapid iteration with long term vision and solid code architecture.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written English skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or similar
- You are a problem solver and a team player, with the motivation and self-drive to deliver exceptional results on time.
- You are highly motivated and passionate about action-adventure games and are very familiar with their design and development.
WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU
- Shipped at least one title working on combat or gameplay systems.
- Are able to show us a reel of your work with gameplay
As a part of the application process, candidates may be asked to provide a demo reel of their work and/or to complete a development/coding test. Reels preferably show in-game footage. Please provide a description of the system worked with.