Myrkur Games is currently seeking a full-time Cinematic Animator to join the team for the development of an upcoming title! Join a team of passionate and talented developers to contribute towards an exciting new action-adventure IP!
Through motion capture and keyed animations, you will contribute to delivering an ambitious cinematic experience in our upcoming title. You will engage players in the story and convey deep emotional experiences through high-fidelity animations of characters and atmospheric scenes. You will work closely with other animators, actors and developers with access to our state-of-the-art motion capture studio.
- Work closely with the Lead Cinematic Animator, writers and directors to develop the cinematic experience of our upcoming game.
- Create body and facial animation for characters, along with animation for creatures, animals, props, and other assets to be integrated into in-game engines and/or cinematic sequences.
- Assemble, edit, clean up, and enhance motion capture data, including both body and face.
- Develop pre-vis and final animations through motion captured and hand-keyed animations, and set them up within Unreal Engine
- Delivering content on schedule and within technical limitations
- Participate in the planning, shooting and processing of motion capture recordings at our in-house motion capture studio
- Implementing constructive and iterative feedback to the animations at any given time of the development process, reporting animation wip’s and doubts to the Cinematic Animation Lead.
- You will make sure that the animations can play well in a level and connect with the rest of the gameplay experience, making the transition between cinematic and gameplay moments feel seamless.
- A strong demo reel that demonstrates expert knowledge of fundamental animation principles and acting skills.
- Demonstrate proficient command of weight, timing, and posing through manipulating motion capture data as well as key-framing.
- Experience in animation bipedal/quadruped characters and other organic and inorganic forms.
- Experience working with motion capture data for both body and face cap
- Knowledge of creating facial/lip sync animations and facial expression.
- Excellent, working knowledge of motion capture and animation software packages such as Motion Builder, Maya, and Shogun.
- Knowledge of art and animation fundamentals including staging, cinematography, camera, layout, storytelling, lighting, and editing
- The ability to work as part of a communicative, passionate, and enthusiastic team.
- Creative, innovative problem solver. Willingness to receive and give useful and constructive feedback.
- Passion for games and in general for animation.
WE WOULD LOVE IT IF YOU HAD
- Experience creating cinematic animation for AAA games with at least one shipped title.
- Professional experience developing third-person games.
- Advanced knowledge of rigging and skinning.
- Strong pre-production skills including, but not limited to, pre-vising, thumbnailing, storyboarding, and animatics.
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an animation test. Reels must show cinematic footage, if possible, within a game engine. Please provide a description of the system worked with.